The Advisory Council, which meets monthly during the academic year with the Director, provides guidance to the Children’s Campus administrative team. The meeting schedule is determined by the Council and meetings are held at Children's Campus (see 2015-16 meeting schedule below). The functions of the Advisory Council are as follows:
- Review and make recommendations on policies and guidelines presented by the Children’s Campus Director related to the operation of the Children’s Campus.
- Review reports on the number of student observers, student interns, and results of evaluation of competencies for student interns.
- Review reports on professional development activities geared to improve practice for current teachers.
- Review reports as needed on research and observation projects which involve any aspect of the Children’s Campus programs, the children, the families, or the teachers.
- Review and provide advice on Children’s Campus budget and enrollment fees.
- Review and make recommendations regarding applications for scholarships when funds are available.
- Offer leadership in grant writing and fundraising; participate in writing and researching grants to support Children’s Campus.
October 3, 2016 March 6, 2017
November 7, 2016 April 3, 2017
December 5, 2016 May 1, 2017
February 6, 2017
- Patti Solomon-Rice, Council Chair & Assistant Professor, Special Education
- David Anderson, Professor Kinesiology
- Jeff Cookston, Professor and Chair Psychology
- Charlotte Ferretti, Director, Marian Wright Edelman Institute, CHSS
- Mina Kim, Associate Professor, Elementary Education
- Alison Baroody, Assistant Professor, Child and Adolescent Development and Research Committee Chair
- Elaine Musselman, Associate Director of Nursing
- Elizabeth Post-Musgrove, Children’s Campus parent
- Nichole Gangitano, Children's Campus parent
- October 3, 2016
- May 2, 2016
- April 4, 2016
- March 7, 2016
- February 1, 2016
- December 7, 2015
- November 2, 2015
- October 5, 2015
- May 4, 2015
- April 6, 2015
- March 2, 2015
- February 2, 2015
- December 8, 2014
- November 3, 2014
- October 6, 2014