A Center for Early Care and Educational, Professional Development and Research
Children’s Campus opened in January 2009 with a three-fold mission:
- To provide high-quality early care and education for infants, toddlers, and preschool children of SF State employees and the community;
- To offer on-site work, observation, and internship opportunities for SF State students from a variety of disciplines including Child and Adolescent Development, Consumer Family Science, Education, Kinesiology, Psychology, and Special Education and Communicative Disorders; and,
- To support faculty and graduate student research that aims to improve best practices in early care and education and child development theory.
Children's Campus is staffed with highly qualified early childhood professionals. The center is supported by an Advisory Council of parents, faculty, and staff.
Children's Campus At-A-Glance:
- Provides a play-based curriculum that supports children's natural curiosity and exploration within a safe, supportive and nurturing environment and which promotes their social, emotional, physical, language, literacy and cognitive development in an integrated fashion.
- Priority enrollment for children of SF State faculty and staff. Community families are also welcome.
- Serves children from 6 months to 5 years of age.
- Full-day, year-round program, offering a Monday- Friday schedule
- Located on the SF State Campus in the NW Quadrant, at the corner of North State Drive and Lake Merced Blvd (Campus Map).
- Hours of operation: 8:15am-5:00pm
- Eligible for the University's Dependent Care Reimbursement Program through which employees may allocate up to $5,000 per year pre-tax for child care.
For PDF Files You will need ; Adobe Acrobat 5.0. If you need Adobe Acrobat Reader: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Children's Campus is currently open for enrollment for children eligible for the Toddler or Preschool Programs. If you are interested in placing your child on our waitlist please email email@example.com for more information.