The Advisory Council, which meets monthly during the academic year with the Director, provides guidance to the Children’s Campus administrative team. The meeting schedule is determined by the Council and meetings are held at Children's Campus (see 2015-16 meeting schedule below). The functions of the Advisory Council are as follows:
- Review and make recommendations on policies and guidelines presented by the Children’s Campus Director related to the operation of the Children’s Campus.
- Review reports on the number of student observers, student interns, and results of evaluation of competencies for student interns.
- Review reports on professional development activities geared to improve practice for current teachers.
- Review reports as needed on research and observation projects which involve any aspect of the Children’s Campus programs, the children, the families, or the teachers.
- Review and provide advice on Children’s Campus budget and enrollment fees.
- Review and make recommendations regarding applications for scholarships when funds are available.
- Offer leadership in grant writing and fundraising; participate in writing and researching grants to support Children’s Campus.
- Elaine Musselman, Associate Director of Nursing, Council Chair
- David Anderson, Director Edelman Institute
- Gene Chelbery, AVP Student Affiairs
- Dr. Soyeon Park, CAD Department Chair
- Erica Almaguer, Director of ECEC
- Allison Guerra, Interim Director
- Guadalupe Rivas, Head Teacher and Fellow