Children's Campus at SF State
The Children’s Campus (CC) opened in January 2009 with a three-fold mission: to provide high-quality care and education for 68 infants, toddlers, and preschool children of SF State faculty/staff and the community; to offer on-site work, observation, and internship opportunities for SF State students from a variety of disciplines including child and adolescent development, consumer family science, education, kinesiology, and psychology; and to support faculty and graduate student research that aims to improve best practices in early care and education and child development theory. The Children's Campus is staffed with highly qualified early childhood professionals. The center is supported by an Advisory Council of parents, faculty, and staff.
Children's Campus At-A-Glance:
- Priority enrollment for children of SF State faculty and staff. Community families are welcome, space permitting.
- Serving children from 6 months to 5 years of age.
- Full-day, year-round program, with two, three, and five day schedule options.
- Located on the SF State campus at the corner of North State Drive and Lake Merced Blvd (Campus Map).
- Hours of operation: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Eligible for the University's Dependent Care Reimbursement Program through which employees may allocate up to $5,000 per year pre-tax for child care. (Details are available at http://www.sfsu.edu/~hrwww/benefits/flexacct.html).